Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Tests, Allies and Enemies (I)

Yeah, it’s been hard.

I did predict that this would be an infrequently update blog mainly due to my Head of Year job, but bloody hell! I’m busier than a one-armed bee in Baghdad (See? Even my metaphors are becoming nonsensical.) I mean I did try. Every single day sheet of my diary had “update blog” on it.


In fact my to-do list had to be split into 3: high (urgency), mid (urgency), low (urgency) and long term. Unfortunately, “update blog” never made it past low urgency.


Especially since there was another entry that took prominence. “Write conference speech” started as long term, made its way to low, then mid, and then when I flipped over my Dexter Calendar to April and discovered just how little time I had to the conference, I skipped straight past high urgency, threw aside my diary and tried concentrating on that.

Still didn’t help.

I skipped the first rehearsal (in front of a regularly meeting group of friends who include two teachers, one minister and a professional comedian, since I wasn’t finished, but at least made it to my second rehearsal at school with five minutes to spare.

And I got it done. I’m looking to place my Keynote onto one of those websites which display PowerPoints, even though since I use these displays as punch-lines to jokes, it’ll be pretty nonsensical. Its clarity is further impeded by the challenge I’ve been set to place a zombie slide and Michael Ironside’s utterance of “It sucked his brains out!” from Starship Troopers into every presentation I do. (I was quite proud of my science teachers’ presentation.)

I’ll let you know how the conference and the speech went.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home